TriCOL Reclaim® Resource Center
Innovation has arrived in Decorative Trivalent Plating with the introduction of Columbia Chemical’s TriCOL Reclaim®. The cost difference between hexavalent and trivalent chrome plating has always been a stumbling block for plating shops wanting to make the switch. Cost savings of 40-60% over traditional trivalent systems is compelling enough for shops wanting to switch, but CASS at >60 hours, High Chloride Corrosion at >336 hours, NO post-dip, 1000+ hours NSS, and L values in the 80s are the performance data points surpassing the competition and driving demand for the new system. This groundbreaking process was designed with a unique formulation to allow for total reclamation without the buildup of counterions. Features a single liquid additive – no more heating, no messy chrome dust powder.
Links & Downloads
The following links and downloadable resources are valuable tools for finding information on Decorative Trivalent Chromium Plating. Well known throughout the surface finishing industry as a category leader in Decorative Trivalent Plating, Columbia Chemical is proud to share the world renowned expertise of our Executive Vice President Mark Schario as well as our team of decorative plating specialists. See below for a variety of information provided as part of our commitment to helping the industry understand and embrace decorative trivalent plating.
- 2023 Webinar: Decorative Trivalent Plating: Choosing Between Chloride And Sulfate
- 2021 Webinar: The Switch from Decorative Hexavalent to Trivalent Plating is Happening – Will You Be Ready?
- 2020 Webinar: Comparing Operational and Performance Characteristics of Chloride and Sulfate-Based Decorative Trivalent Plating
- 2019 Webinar: Trivalent Chromium Process Capability Study for OEMs
- 2018 Webinar: Hexavalent to Trivalent: Making the Switch
Ask The Expert Q&A Articles
- 2023 Q+A: Trivalent Chrome Overview
- 2021 Q+A: Improving Leveling in Nickel Systems
- 2020 Q+A: How to Choose Between Sulfate and Chloride-Based Trivalent Chromium
- 2020 Q+A: Summary on USCAR Field Test for Trivalent Chromium
- 2019 Q+A: Preventing Dark Streaks in Trivalent Chromium
- 2018 Q+A: How Trivalent Chrome Compares to Hexavalent
- 2018 Q+A: Converting to Trivalent Chrome from Hexavalent
- Video: Making the Switch from Hexavalent to Trivalent
- Video: Advantage of Decorative Trivalent Plating
- Podcast: PF One the Line – Mark Schario on Decorative Trivalent Plating
- Podcast: PF On the Line – Mark Schario SURFIN 2022 Interview
Product Showcase, Success Stories & More
- TriCOL Reclaim® Success in Italy
- TriCOL Reclaim with Third Party Testing Data
- Medeco: ASSA Abloy Switch to Trivalent
- Product Showcase: TriCOL Reclaim®
- TriCOL® Blackjack Features + Benefits
Don’t Want to be Left Behind?
Contact us to Schedule your TriCOL Reclaim® Trial
Submit your email below and we will contact you to discuss the details