Lab Analytical Services
Analytical lab testing is a critical part of manufacturing, with companies in all industries utilizing it to evaluate performance, design, and quality, and to meet regulatory compliance requirements to ensure safety.
Columbia Chemical offers expert analytical testing services. As an ISO 9001 and 9227 certified company, our laboratory provides reliable results with timely communication and turn around. We have a depth of expertise that allows us the ability to analyze samples, parts, and product solutions to verify they are in compliance and meeting necessary specifications.
Available Analytical Capabilities
Neutral Salt Spray Testing
- Our neutral salt spray chambers adhere to ISO 9227 Corrosion Tests in Artificial Atmospheres — Salt Spray Tests and ASTM B117, Standard Practice for Operating Salt Spray (Fog) Apparatus.
- Corresponding services available as an add-on purchase:
- Thickness testing via X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)
- Elemental composition via XRF
- Photos at required stages or otherwise stated
- Professionally drafted report detailing all requirements, photos, thicknesses, and results.
Torque Tension Testing
- Our Schatz®-Analyse System allows the mechanical testing of fastener nuts and bolts to ensure the integrity of the assembled component. The mechanical test determines the coefficient of friction of the fastener assembly, which is critical to meet OEM specifications.
- Common specifications include:
- JDM F15
- JDM F20
- GMW 3044
- GMW 4700
ICP-OES Metals Analysis
- Inductively coupled plasma/optical emission spectrometry (ICP/OES) is designed to analyze metals in a variety of different solutions.
- Common metals analyzed:
- B, Cd, Co, Cr, Cu, Fe, K, Ni, Zn
Once we receive the contact form below, our Lab Manager will contact you for an initial discussion regarding your analytical testing needs. He will follow up with a quote for your review. Once we have approval on the quote, you would ship the samples to our facility. After the samples arrive, you will receive a confirmation email along with an estimated completion date. Once the analysis is complete, the results will be communicated to you via your preferred method.
Columbia Chemical provides analytical services that are ISO 9001 and ISO 9227 compliant to help you enhance quality, troubleshoot chemistry, and meet specifications. If you would like to discuss in further detail the advantages of choosing Columbia Chemical for your analytical needs, fill out the information below and our Lab Manager will contact you.